- Submit completed application form (PDF, 57 KB) to the Housing Division.
- The clerk enters the applications in a register and also on the computer according to the housing scheme where lot is requested.
- List of applicants together with application forms are submitted to the Houses and Lands Allocations Committee.
- Recommendations from the Houses and Lands Allocations Committee are submitted to the Honourable Minister.
- The Honourable Minister makes submissions to the Cabinet for approval.
- Cabinet Decisions with approved lots are sent to the Housing Division for preparation of Allocation Letters.
- Allocation letters are prepared and sent to the Honourable Minister for signature.
- Signed letters are returned to the Housing Division.
- The Division then sends the Allocation Letters to the approved applicants.
- When requested, approved applicants are shown lots allocated to them.
- Lots are paid for at the Housing Division and survey fees are paid at the Lands and Surveys Division.
- Plans are requested from the Lands and Surveys Division by the Housing Division.
- Plans received by the Housing Division are sent to solicitors or are picked up at the Housing Division by the respective individuals.
- Individuals are asked to take their plans to a solicitor for the processing of their title; this requires a 7.5% Government Transfer Fee of the valuation of the land plus the solicitor’s charges.
- Memorandum of Transfer (MOTs) are submitted by the solicitor to the Housing Division.
- Housing Division verifies the typed information on the Memorandum of Transfer (MOT) and ensures that all relevant documents are attached and then sends the MOTs in a batch to the Ministry of Tourism and Legal Affairs for transmission to the office His Excellency the President.
- Signed MOTs are returned to the Housing Division through the Ministry of Tourism and Legal Affairs.
- Housing Division then sends MOTs to the respective solicitors in order to continue the process of the Certificate of Title (COT).
Tel: (767) 266 3740
Fax: (767) 448 7512