Dominica Citizenship by Investment is a top reputation Citizenship Program in the Commonwealth of Dominica, inviting judicious investors to make an investment in Dominica and obtain through the Economic Citizenship, full and unconditional Citizenship and a second passport for them and their family members, according to the regulations published pursuant to Section 101 of the Constitution and Sections 8 and 20 (1) of the Citizenship Act.
Previously, citizenship of the Commonwealth of Dominica could only be granted to the persons who had been residents there for five (5) consecutive years.
About the Economic Citizenship Program
In 1991, the Program of Economic Citizenship was introduced whereby the residency requirement was waived. Applicants and their families obtain irrevocable citizenship for life and a second passport with no need to reside in the country and most importantly no need to give up their current nationality.
This amendment to the Naturalization and Citizenship Act meant that subject to a stipulated investment, persons could be granted Dominica citizenship. The recent evolution is that the European Union abolished the visa requirement for Dominica nationals.
This benefit/travel option is for the citizens of the European Union and for the citizens of Dominica when traveling to the territory of the other Contracting Party for a maximum period of 90 days in any 180-day period. The visa waiver covers all categories of individuals (service/official, diplomatic, special passport holders, and ordinary) who travel for all types of reasons, minus the purpose of carrying out some paid activity.
Why Become a Citizen of Dominica by Investment. What are the benefits?
- Becoming a Citizen of Dominica means that you become a Citizen of this peaceful and welcoming country for life and for your future generations, through one of the oldest and most trusted citizenship by investment program (CBI) in the world.
- Instant, unconditional and irrevocable Citizenship for the applicant, his family members (who apply with him or at a later stage), and for their future generations.
- Instant visa-free travel to more than 140 countries and territories with the passport, including:
- EU countries
- Schengen Area countries
- Hong Kong
- Dual or multiple citizenships is allowed
- There is no requirement to reside or visit Dominica before or after citizenship is granted
- Full residence status, with the right to live and work in Dominica and CARICOM countries
- Minimal taxation – no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income, or capital gains tax
- Second Passport Validity (All Dominican passports are valid for ten (10) years (child’s passport – five (5) years); after that, it may easily be renewed
- The application process is confidential
- Possibility to apply for a Non-Dom status.
How to Qualify for the Dominica Economic Citizenship
To qualify for the Dominica Investment Citizenship of the Commonwealth of Dominica under its Citizenship by Investment Program, investors are required to make either of the following: 1) a minimum contribution of USD $100,000 to the Government Fund by the Government, and 2) a Dominica Real estate Investment to obtain Citizenship, by purchasing authorized property to the minimum value of USD 200,000.
The Ministry of Finance is responsible for processing all applications through the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CBIU).
Dominica’s Economic Citizenship Program is one component of the country’s national capital mobilization portfolio, towards the ultimate goal of National Development, and resilience.
As a result, the Government intends to channel capital from the economic citizenship program to public and private sector projects wherever there is a need.
Public sector projects identified for financing under the program include:
- The building of schools
- The renovation of the hospital
- The building of a national Sports stadium
- Towards the promotion of the Offshore Sector
The Government respectfully gives emphasis on the following sectors:
- Information Technology
As a result, in order for public sector projects to be financed under the programme, they will need to fall within one of the aforementioned sectors.
Dominica Investment Citizenship Program Updated Qualifications
EFFECTIVE FROM JULY 2020, THE GOVERNMENT IS IMPLEMENTING AN ADJUSTED GOVERNMENT FEE
- Investments and Fees
a. Direct Monetary Investment
The following are now payable under the direct monetary investment (commonly referred to as the ‘contribution to the EDF’) arm of the Programme:
Spouse of the main applicant
Sibling of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant aged 18 to 25
Any dependant other than the spouse of the main applicant or a sibling of
b. Real Estate and Government Fees
The following are now payable in Government Fees for applicants under the property purchase arm of the Programme:
*Family of up to four persons, including the main applicant and up to three dependants but excluding any dependant who is a sibling of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant
*Family of up to six persons, including the main applicant and up to five dependants but excluding any dependant who is a sibling of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant
*Family of seven persons or more, including the main applicant and at least six dependants but excluding any dependant who is a sibling of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant
*A sibling of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant aged 18 to 25
*A sibling of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant below the age of 18
Please note that the minimum threshold for property investments remains US$200,000.
Please also note, therefore, that if a family composed of a main applicant and his or her spouse, child, mother, and sibling aged 25 were to apply for citizenship through property investment, the following payments would need to be made:
Minimum investment: US$200,000
Government Fees: US$85,000 (US$35,000 + US$50,000)
c. Remaining Fees
All remaining fees are unchanged. Therefore, the following fees continue to apply under both arms of the Programme:
|Processing Fee||US$1,000 (per application)|
|Certificate of Naturalisation Fee||US$250 (per applicant)|
|Due Diligence Fee for the main applicant||US$7,500|
|Due Diligence Fee for a dependant aged 16 or over||US$4,000|
II. Post-Citizenship Additions
Please be advised that Dominica now allows for the following post-citizenship additions to be made under the Programme:
a. New Born or Adopted Children
Note that children born or adopted after citizenship was obtained can now be registered at all times and not merely within five years of birth.
Further note that an application for the post-citizenship addition of such children can be made by all persons who obtained citizenship through the Programme.
b. Spouses Married After Citizenship
Note that an application for the post-citizenship addition of such spouses can be made by all persons who obtained citizenship through the Programme.
c. Pre-Existing Dependants
Except that, where an application is submitted within one year of the granting of citizenship the following shall be sufficient:
Note that post-citizenship additions of pre-existing dependants are not limited to cash investments but apply to all means of obtaining citizenship through the Programme.
Further note that an application for the post-citizenship addition of pre-existing dependants can only be made by the original main applicant.
What Makes Applicants Eligible for a Dominica Investment Citizenship?
Investors (or applicants) must:
- Be at least (18) years of age
- Be of outstanding character
- Have at least a basic knowledge of English
- Have made an investment of the prescribed amount
The whole family (Dependents) of the Main Applicant can be included in one application.
There is no numerical limit on the number of Dependents provided they are the following persons fully supported by the Main Applicant:
A ‘’Dependent’’ means:
III. Definition of ‘Dependant’
Please be advised that the following persons are now eligible to be included as dependants under the Programme:
- A spouse of the main applicant
- Children of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant who is below the age of 18
- Children of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant who are aged 18 to 30 and who are substantially supported by the main applicant or the spouse of the main applicant
- Children of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant who are aged 18 years or over and physically or mentally challenged and who are substantially supported by the main applicant or the spouse of the main applicant
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant who is substantially supported by the main applicant or the spouse of the main applicant, or the spouse of any such parent or grandparent
- Biological or legally adopted siblings of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant who are aged 18 to 25, single, childless, and who are substantially supported by the main applicant or the spouse of the main applicant
- Biological or legally adopted siblings of the main applicant or of the spouse of the main applicant who is below the age of 18, single, childless, substantially supported by the main applicant or the spouse of the main applicant, and in receipt of consent to make an application under the Programme from all individuals with parental responsibility for that sibling
Kindly be advised that the category for “unmarried daughters” has been removed, as this is now encompassed by the category for adult children.
Investors must be over 18 years of age.
Additional non-investment (or non-Economic) ways to obtain Dominica Citizenship is by marriage and by descent/birth.
- Have a Dominica Government Approved Authorized Citizenship Agent handle your application
- Complete List of the Required Application Forms
For any further clarifications/assistance kindly contact us at email@example.com